Career Opportunities at Procter Machine Safety
Please see our latest vacancies below:
Design Engineer, Leeds
Procter Machine Safety are an industry leading well established UK company providing a comprehensive range of high quality, fully compliant guarding, safety solutions and services across all sectors of industry. Our manufacturing facility is based in Caerphilly supported by two design centres in South Wales and Garforth near Leeds.
We currently have a team of nine mechanical design engineers across the two offices coupled with teams of electrical design engineers offering a complete solution from both sites. Due to our ongoing investment strategy for growth in The North we require an addition Mechanical Design Engineer in our Leeds facility.
The Design Engineers role is pivotal to our entire product offering with every solution being bespoke to the exact needs of the application. This is achieved by fully understanding the processes at site, consulting with production, maintenance and health & safety contacts within the customer to understand the exact solution required. You will work closely with our electrical, manufacturing and installation teams to ensure project is successfully delivered to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
This is an incredibly varied role where no two projects are ever the same, with opportunities to work in all sectors of industry whilst applying your engineering knowledge and flare for design. We use the very latest CAD technology yet still utilising the traditional skills of hand drawing at site and in the office on certain projects.
If you have experience within the safety industry that would be beneficial, but we are seeking someone who has the mechanical skills and a desire to work with our customers to deliver the best end product and service. Therefore full safety regulatory training will be provided as part of your development.
Due to the specialist nature of this position you will be paired with an experienced Design Engineer for at least the first year of your employment for support and training.
- Consult with customers at site to understand their needs and requirements
- Produce design drawings for quotation purposes
- Create detailed drawings for issue to manufacturing
- Ensure designs are within budget by working closely with our estimators and sales team
- Design cost effective solutions utilising standard components and manufacturing techniques wherever possible
- Create long term working relationships with our customers by delivery a strong value based offering and exemplary customer service
- Be commercially aware and look for further opportunities within each customer.
Skills, attributes & experience
- Solid mechanical engineering background with design knowledge and relevant qualifications
- Ability to hand sketch and measure at customer sites
- Working knowledge of Autocad packages
- Capacity to learn on the job and implement learning as required
- Able to plan time effectively to maximise daily output
- Flexible approach to working to ensure the job gets done
- Excellent people skills both internal and external
- Comfortable working under their own initiative and work as a team
- Capacity to problem solving utilizing own initiative
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Full driving licence
- Able to travel and work away from home on a regular basis
- Salary £35k per annum
- Car allowance
- Option for some home working
- Pension scheme
- Funded training and development
If you seek a rewarding and varied position within an industry leading family business that will support and develop your skills and career please send us your CV.
Due to an ongoing investment in our production team and a significant increase in both demand and future orders, we require a number of welder fabricators. This is an incredibly varied role where no two projects are the same, therefore if you like variety in your work this role would be very appealing. For individuals who like to travel, the opportunity to install the guarding solutions you manufacture is also an option after your training is complete.
We would like to talk to skilled and experienced welder/fabricators with a solid all-round knowledge of fabrication and fitting techniques. We will offer ongoing training and skills development with pay scales that recognise the skills levels of the individual and the unique nature of our work.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Welding and fabricating experience is essential
- Ability to read and work from schematic drawings and hand drawn sketches
- MIG welding essential with TIG experience advantageous
- Work and problem solve under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Produce high end work and manage your own quality standards and checks
- Ensure output is met within the timescales and quality standards
- Operation of guillotine, semi-automatic saws and various drilling techniques would be advantageous
- Flexible, adaptable and positive to get the job done
- Team player with a willingness to learn and share you own knowledge with others
- Up to £13.18 per hour basic pay (Depending on experience)
- Regular overtime both weekdays and weekends
- Opportunity to travel and additional overtime and pay uplifts and expenses when installing (optional)
- 21 days holiday rising to 26 with service (plus bank holidays)
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension scheme
- Hours: 0700 – 1600 Monday – Thursday 0700 – 1200 Friday
If you seek a rewarding and varied position within an industry leading family business that will support and develop your skills whilst providing you with a varied and enjoyable working environment please contact our HR department.
"*" indicates required fields