A crucial element of a PUWER inspection (or PUWER assessment) on machinery is a risk assessment and we also offer a Machine Risk Assessment service for organisations that only require a third-party risk assessment. PUWER inspections must be carried out thoroughly and the results recorded. If non-compliances are identified, appropriate action should be taken. Depending on the severity of the non-compliance, it might be necessary to take immediate action to make the machine safe before it is used, or it might be sufficient to plan rectifications for a convenient time. Sometimes the only action required is the provision of information, instruction, training or supervision.
PUWER REQUIRES THAT EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE AT WORK IS:
- Suitable for the intended use
- Safe for use, maintained in a safe condition and inspected to ensure it is correctly installed and does not subsequently deteriorate
- Only used by people who have received adequate information, instruction and training
- Accompanied by suitable health and safety measures, such as protective devices and controls. For example, emergency stop devices, clearly visible markings and warning devices etc.
- Only used in accordance with specific requirements in the case of mobile work equipment and power presses
WHY CHOOSE PROCTER MACHINE SAFETY FOR PUWER ASSESSMENT?
- Our experts have specialist knowledge of PUWER and machine guarding standards that is seldom possessed by end users
- We can inspect individual machines (whether simple or complex) or multiple machines at one or more sites
- We have machinery safety experts that are TUV-certified
- We have extensive experience of many different industries
- Our illustrated reports show non-compliances clearly
- We can support you in addressing non-compliances
- Our experts understand how far it is necessary to go when ensuring risks are controlled ‘as far as reasonably practicable’
- We will provide immediate feedback should any serious issues be identified
- Download our PUWER White Paper for guidance
HOW CAN PROCTER HELP WITH PUWER?
Our safety experts have extensive technical knowledge of PUWER and all other relevant machinery safety directives, standards and regulations. They will guide you through the PUWER process, and provide you with a detailed report and recommendations. If required, we can organise remedial work necessary to ensure UKCA and CE compliance.
If you would like a quote for a machine PUWER inspection, please complete the form below and attach documentation such as an asset list so we can respond as quickly as possible.