A safety relay is a device that monitors for potential errors or faults in machinery or plants and works to prevent injury and reduce risk. When an error occurs, the safety relay initiates a response to bring the risk back to a safe, acceptable level. Safety relays protect both machinery and employees, preventing potential expensive maintenance and equipment replacement.
A Safe factory is a productive one
Compact design, flexible usage and variable connection options – these are the strengths of our range of safe relays. With outstanding technical performance features, high economy and maximum safety, they are perfectly suitable for monitoring individual safety functions.
- Individual connection technology with pluggable screw or push-in terminals
- Large LED displays for status queries
- Compatible with all safe sensors
- Switching power of AC/DC loads up to 8 A
- Convenient diagnosis on the device itself for high system availability and low downtimes
- Efficient commissioning and the simplest possible wiring thanks to devices with pluggable connections
- Economical and easy-to-use: Complete solution from just one source
- Ideal solution for compact machines with high productivity through fast response times
Safe relays from Wieland for the simple performance of individual safety functions:
- Monitoring of safety doors and flaps
- Interlocking devices
- Access monitoring
- Speed, standstill and position monitoring
- Emergency Stop functions and restart inhibitors
- Two-hand operating devices
Electrical interface work
If safe relays form part of a machine guard that we are installing, our electricians can connect these to the machine’s safety-related control system. Our electrical installations comply with the requirements in BS EN ISO 13849-1 or BS EN 62061 and members of our electrical installation team are also certified to the current IEE 17th edition regulations.