Vacancy: Welder Fabricator X3
Procter Machine Safety are an industry leading well established UK company providing a comprehensive range of high quality safety compliant machine guarding and safety solutions across all sectors of industry. Design and manufacturing is carried out in our factory based in Caerphilly. Our installation teams then fit the bespoke solution at our customer sites throughout the UK and occasionally overseas, ensuring a fully compliant solution on every install.
Due to an ongoing investment in our production team and a significant increase in both demand and future orders, we require a number of welder fabricators. This is an incredibly varied role where no two projects are the same, therefore if you like variety in your work this role would be very appealing. For individuals who like to travel, the opportunity to install the guarding solutions you manufacture is also an option after your training is complete.
We would like to talk to skilled and experienced welder/fabricators with a solid all-round knowledge of fabrication and fitting techniques. We will offer ongoing training and skills development with pay scales that recognise the skills levels of the individual and the unique nature of our work.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Welding and fabricating experience is essential
- Ability to read and work from schematic drawings and hand drawn sketches
- MIG welding essential with TIG experience advantageous
- Work and problem solve under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Produce high end work and manage your own quality standards and check
- Ensure output is met within the timescales and quality standards
- Operation of guillotine, semi-automatic saws and various drilling techniques would be advantageous
- Flexible, adaptable and positive to get the job done
- Team player with a willingness to learn and share you own knowledge with others
- £10.80 to £12.80 per hour (Skills dependent with ongoing reviews)
- Regular overtime both weekdays and weekends
- Opportunity to travel and additional overtime and pay uplifts and expenses when installing (optional)
- 21 days holiday rising to 26 with service (plus bank holidays)
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension scheme
- Hours: 0700 – 1600 Monday – Thursday 0700 – 1200 Friday
If you seek a rewarding and varied position within an industry leading family business that will support and develop your skills whilst providing you with a varied and enjoyable working environment please contact our HR department.