We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Admin Assistant within the Bedwas head office, working within the HR/H&S department.
The HR/H&S team is a small, dynamic and friendly team. You will play a major part in our ongoing commitment to deliver first-class support to the company, to help keep our colleagues healthy, safe and well.
You will support the HR, QHSE Manager by providing experienced, organised, administrative assistance. The role is initially covering maternity leave for 6 months with the possibility of this being made a permanent role for the right candidate.
You will be resourceful and able to work independently when required (the HR/QHSE Manager frequently works away from the office or remotely as part of their role). For this to work well, training will be provided but strong communication skills are considered essential.
There are over 100 staff based on and off site and the HR/H&S department interacts with all colleagues regularly, hence confidentiality, a respectful nature and professional ‘can-do’ attitude is vital. The department also has responsibility for managing compliance with certain legislation so the successful candidate must not be intimidated by managing a number of tasks or documents at any one time.
This is an excellent role for someone who is tenacious, thrives in a busy working environment and welcomes new learning opportunities.
Supporting Machine Safety and Contracts departments with HR, QHSE and other administration for the Bedwas site.
- General Administration Duties
- To provide strong secretarial and general office support
- General data entry.
- Record sickness absence & ensure prompt return of Return to Work forms.
- Maintain registries, records (such as Health & Safety, accidents, medicals etc.) and databases as required.
- To be a point of contact for colleagues, clients and members of the public, either face to face or via telephone
- To assist with file-opening & other administrative tasks as required by colleagues within the office;
- Receive, complete and return all PQQs in a timely manner
- Invoicing overflow
- Assist in the purchasing process.
HR related Duties
- Check training and absenteeism on our internal system (DMS).
- Update DMS system
- Scan all H&S & HR related documentation (such as holiday forms etc)
- Maintain the HR databases, making sure that the information is up to date (within 1 week)
- Arrange and facilitate inductions for new employees and visitors to the Bedwas site
- Update and retain training documentation, training matrix, EHS training/ inductions etc.
- Adding holiday forms to DMS, Toms planner, Holiday sheets.
- Archive key documents.
- Consolidate daily/weekly/monthly reports for HR and H&S as and when required.
- Staff performance administration (issuing appointments for performance review meetings, disciplinary, appeals, etc).
- Update and retain training documentation, training matrix, EHS training/inductions etc.
- Arrange the booking of training courses.
Health & Safety duties
- Carrying out fire alarm tests every Tuesday
- Carrying out fire extinguisher checks.
- Managing waste collection data in accordance with Regulations.
- Maintaining Schedule of Activity.
Please note that the above points are not exhaustive, the Company reserves the right to make changes to this job description when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A great team player ready to support everyone in the business when needed
- Calm and controlled, able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Professional attitude
- Positive ‘can-do’ mind-set
- Friendly attitude
- Good administration background
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent people skills and communication skills
- Good learning capacity
Department: Head Office – Central
Reporting To: HR, QHSE Manager
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Type: Temp contract 37 hrs /week
Work time: Mon – Thursday – 8:15- 16:30, Friday- 8:15 – 14:45
Pay: £ 21,000 /year- monthly pay
If you seek a rewarding and varied position within an industry leading family business that will support and develop your skills whilst providing you with a varied and enjoyable working environment please contact our HR department.